top of page


Everything you need to prepare for your tax appointment.

Required Documents

  • Drivers License or State ID

  • Social Security Card

  • Proof of Residence for dependents claiming EIC

  • Dependents Social Security Card

Income Documents

  • W-2 (Job Income)

  • Investment income: Forms 1099 (INT, DIV, B) K-1s, and stock option information

  • Income from state and local income tax refunds and/or unemployment: Forms 1099-G

  • IRA/pension distributions: Forms 1099-R, 8606

  • Rental property income/expense, rental property suspended loss information

  • Social Security benefits: Forms SSA-1099

  • Taxable alimony received

  • Business or farming income: profit/loss statement, capital equipment information

  • If you use your home for business: home size, office size, home expenses, office expenses.

  • Income from sales of property: Form 1099-C, original cost and cost of improvements, escrow closing statement, cancelled debt information

  • Prior year installment sale information: Forms 6252, principal and Interest collected during the year, SSN and address of payer

  • Miscellaneous income: jury duty, gambling, Medical Savings Account, scholarships, and etc.

Additional Tax Resources!

Other Tax Documents

  • IRA contributions

  • Energy credits

  • Student loan interest

  • Medical Savings Account (MSA) contributions

  • Moving expenses (tax years prior to 2018 only)

  • Self-employed health insurance payments

  • Self-employed pension plans

  • Alimony paid that is tax deductible

  • Educator expenses

  • State and local income taxes paid

  • Real estate taxes paid

  • Personal property taxes, vehicle license fee based on value

  • Estimated tax payment made during the year, prior year refund applied to current year, and any amount paid with an extension to file.

  • Direct deposit info: routing and account numbers

  • Foreign bank account info: location, name of bank, account number, peak value during the year

Deduction Documents

  • Advance Child Tax Credit payment

  • Child care costs: Provider’s name, address, tax id, and amount paid

  • Education costs: Forms 1098-T

  • Adoption costs: SSN of child, legal, medical, and transportation costs

  • Mortgage interest and points paid: Forms 1098

  • Investment interest expense

  • Charitable donations: amount, value of donated goods, miles driven, and out-of-pocket expenses

  • Casualty and theft losses: amount of damage, insurance reimbursements

  • Other miscellaneous tax deductions: union dues, unreimbursed employee expenses (uniforms, supplies, seminars, continuing education, publications, travel, etc. - for tax years prior to 2018 only)

  • Medical and dental expenses

Need more details? Contact us

We are here to assist. Contact us by phone, email or via our contact form.

bottom of page